12 Audio CDs with Notebook (Syllabus)
Saul of Tarsus
Understanding Paul in His Historical, Cultural and Jewish Context
Saul of Tarsus, better known as the Apostle Paul, is probably the most misunderstood writer in history. We misinterpret Paul's writing if we read his words as if he was a Western seminary professor.
In this course, you will get to know Paul by learning personal information about him as well as the historical, cultural, Hebraic and archeological background of his letters. As we learn more of this man whose writings have changed the world, may we have a better understanding of his words and the One about whom he was writing.
- 1 - Getting to Know Paul
- 2 - Hillel, Gamaliel & Paul
- 3 - Persecutor to Believer
- 4 - First Missionary Journey
- 5 - Second Missionary Journey
- 6 - Third Missionary Journey
- 7 - Paul's Arrest and Trials in Israel
- 8 - Paul's Journey to Rome
- 9 - Paul's Prison Letters
- 10 - Romans, Corinthians
- 11 - Galatians, Thessalonians
- 12 - Timothy, Titus
At the end of this course, the student will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the life of Saul of Tarsus with a specific emphasis of the historical background and Hebraic perspective of the his life. The student will also be able to understand how to apply this knowledge to his/her life with the ability to explain this knowledge to others.